Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jen & Charlie: Boutonnieres

If you've ever been to an asian wedding, you'll see that everyone in the (immediate) family gets a boutonniere. It's sometimes a pain because there's lots of wiring involved. Jenn wanted 24 boutonnieres. I almost died (just kidding, I love taping and wiring. Who wouldn't?)
We kept it simple. Just two green Dendrobium Orchids and we decided not to put a bow for the women's. I like Dendrobium boutonnieres because they look better than a big bulky rose. If you must use a rose for family boutonnieres, try to use sweetheart or spray roses. Keep in mind they are much more expensive.



Groomsmen/Officient boutonniere. There were only 5. I used a jade rose, green dendrobium, and kermit mum. I was only going to use a mum OR orchid at first, but I couldn't decide which i liked better. Turns out using both looked best since the rose is so much larger.





Charlie's boutonniere. Jen saw the succulents in a bouquet online and fell in love. I found the small one to use in Charlie's boutonniere so it would be different from everyone elses. There's also a white dendrobium orchid and two lisianthus buds in there. I thought the colors mixed together made it really pretty. Instead of wrapping with floral tape, I used the ribbon from her bridesmaid bouquet as well as a pretty blue wire.
More to come from the wedding soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment