Friday, October 16, 2009

Pomanders

Okay it's been a while since I posted. It's been a little busy :) But since I (kind of) have the weekend off, I should take the time to update a bit!

I'm sure many of you are wondering what pomanders are. My friend Jenn recently told me that at my wedding I should have those cute "flower balls"...and after informing her that the correct term was "pomanders", I assured her that I would have plenty because I love them.

Pomanders can be used for a lot of different things. I like them attached onto the chairs for the ceremony (or on shepherds hooks if you're having a garden wedding) or if the cute little flower girls are holding them. I've seen brides and bridesmaids carry them also. You can do pomanders with a lot of different flowers. If you have a smaller budget, I would suggest doing them with button or pincushion mums. Carnations are also a good idea because they fluff open and cover a lot of space. Keep in mind that pomanders require a lot of flowers and work so they are usually quite expensive. They may look simple, but trust me they're hard work!

Did this for a wedding last year. we had to do 10 of these and it was a pain. Then this year I had to do 12 with carnations. That ended up being a wedding from hell (we dealt with the wedding planner only). The kermits are lovely aren't they?


Easiest way to do these is by pinning them. I used black pins with the brownish/orange mum.

What a difference the pro shot makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment